The lightweight version of Facebook Messenger
One of the main criticisms received by the applications developed by Facebook for both its social network and messaging client is the excessive amount of resources used in terms of data, weight and battery consumption. That's why the guys at Menlo Park have launched lightweight versions of their apps, as is the case of Messenger Lite.
The lightweight version of Facebook Messenger for Android
By installing this APK on our smartphone while achieve a lower consumption of our phone's data and resources. It's ideal for low-end devices because it speeds up chatting and sending messages with the latter.
Main version of the Lite version
- Occupies less storage space.
- Greater loading speed.
- Lower data usage.
- Optimized for devices with 2G connections.
- Can be used on outdated versions of Android like Gingerbread.
Zuckerberg and co are willing to take their instant messaging and social networking apps to whoever can't have of a high-end smartphone.
As you can see, to be able to make the most of the features of Facebook's messaging application you don't need a powerful device; we can do so with old phones and slow data networks.
- Requires Android 2.3 or above.
- The installation of the app by means of the APK file requires the activation of the "Unknown sources" option within Settings>Applications.
Chat with your contacts from your desktop
Chat with your Facebook friends from your iPhone